We represent investors who suffer losses as a result of improper investments in precious metals, or precious metals-related investment fraud.
In the wake of the Great Recession, many investors put their money in precious metals hoping to hedge against investments in securities or to diversify their portfolio. This spike in precious metal investments has also caused many investors to be vulnerable to fraudulent behavior, and questionable schemes involving promises of easy profits deriving from rising prices in precious metals such as gold, silver, palladium, and platinum have surfaced.
Signs of a possible fraudulent sales pitch include but are not limited to:
- Promoters leading you to believe you can profit from current news already known to the public
Pitches made by people who call themselves “metals dealers” or “merchants”
- Advertisements promoting precious metal investing on radio, television, or online
- Cold calls from a broker or salesman to promote the precious metals purchase
Precious metals persuasion tactics can often prey on an investor’s emotions or fears of losing their savings. These techniques include but are not limited to:
- dangling the prospect of great wealth overnight
trying to build credibility by claiming to be with a reputable firm or having special experience leading you to believe that other savvy investors have already invested
offering to do a small favor for you in return for a big favor creating a false sense of urgency by claiming limited supply
- Investors in precious metals have experienced frequent problems, including but not limited to the following:
- brokers do not use your money to purchase metals, as promised
brokers don’t arrange loan financing with an independent financial institution, but charge fake interest
merchants do not store metal with an independent bank or storage facility, but charge storage fees brokers often use your funds to pay themselves commissions, leaving little for you
merchants or brokers usually don’t make you the promised profits and lose a significant portion of your money
- If you believe you may have lost money as a result of investing in precious metals, please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation regarding your legal situation and potential recovery options, by phone at 888-998- 0530, via email at email@example.com, or through the contact form on this page.